Shaping their future
Our Children’s Camps are not just about riding horses or driving a dogteam. It’s about defining your future spirit. Learning to be a team player, and working together with a large and powerful animal. Learning independence and social skills. Learning to care for dogs and horses! Do you appreciate nature? Camp is not just about riding or sledding. It’s about living!
EXTENSIVE HORSE CAMP PROGRAM
We have the PERFECT CAMP for your EQUESTRIAN..
Since 2001, Highland Wilderness Tours has been providing high quality, WESTERN & ENGLISH 'horses only' horse camps for avid horseback riders of ALL ages and ALL riding levels. And not to forget, we have the ONLY Dogsledding & Horseback Riding March Break Camp in Ontario! As owners, we are 100% HANDS ON, with quality coaching being a top priority. That means the best ride for your camper dollars. Amazing food, quality facilities, and great coaching means we're worth the drive! Want more info on our unique Summer and March Break Riding Camp program?
Want to learn more?
Have a look at this great slide show with images from all our horseback and dogsled camps. You will see, we are ‘more than just your average’ children’s camp.
Penny Nicol, Camp Director/Owner
CAMP WEEK OVERVIEW & PRICING
All camps include at LEAST 2 trail rides during the week on our fabulous WILDERNESS TRAILS! A typical day is breakfast followed by grooming and tacking their horses with supervision (and help for those learning) and two solid lessons am & pm! Lessons are followed by ‘hands on’ horse care, feeding & turnout, tack cleaning & barn duties. And of course, Matt, Penny, and the counselors work right with the girls, to make sure every camper is having fun, enjoying her horse (or dogs!) and getting the help they need to succeed.
ENGLISH ONLY CAMPS
$790 PLUS HST
(July 5 – July 11, 2020)
(July 12 – July 18 2020)
(July 19 – July 25, 2020)
WEEK ONE focus is on improving riding skills enough to jump safely with balance
WEEK TWO focus is pole work for jumpers, over fences ALL afternoon
WEEK THREE focus is advanced jumper courses, with course difficulty/heights TBD
MID LEVEL TO COUNSELOR TRAINING
ENGLISH & WESTERN CAMPS
$790 PLUS HST
(Aug 2 – Aug 8, 2020)
(Aug 9 – Aug 15, 2020)
(Aug 16 – 22, 2020)
ALL WEEKS focus on improving riding skills, using horsemanship & equitation
ALL WEEKS focus on moving our riders up one to three levels over the week
ALL WEEKS focus on fun, multi disciplined and clever afternoon skill testing GAMES
BEGINNER TO COUNSELOR TRAINING
$850 PLUS HST
(Aug 30 – Sept 5, 2020)
*camp takes eight campers by invitation
EARLY WEEK FOCUS solid flat work, and exercises to improve these each morning
MID WEEK FOCUS pole work games and exercises that are fun and challenging
END OF WEEK focus is advanced jumper courses, with course difficulty/heights TBD
INTERMEDIATE TO COUNSELOR TRAINING
MARCH BREAK CAMP
$800 PLUS HST
(March 15 – 21, 2020)
ALL WEEK focus is on improving riding skills on our quiet horses
ALL WEEK focus on dogsledding, and sled dog care & LOTS OF sledding!
ALL WEEK focus is on having fun outdoors while WINTER is ENDING
BEGINNER TO COUNSELOR TRAINING
WHY OUR HORSE CAMP?
• Their VERY OWN horse for the week, in groups split for each campers’ riding experience
• Amazing, quality meals (raves from past campers) and comfortable sleeping cabin
• “Horses Only” program with an average of 3.5 – 4 hrs per day of horseback riding time
• Fantastic QUALITY horses, that do a great job and are quiet, fun, and well behaved!
• Instructors who really care about how much your child learns while riding at horse camp
• Wilderness property near the border of Algonquin Provincial Park – nature at it’s finest
• Amazing wilderness horseback riding trails that leave right from our doorstep, with lots of lakes!
• Photos every night on facebook, so parents can join the summer horse camp experience!
• Each camp week is a progression in horseback riding skills – for kids who want more weeks!
• Just 3 hrs from Ottawa & Toronto, 2 hrs from Barrie & Belleville, far from the crazy city!
• Airport pickup is available for certain weeks, for a discounted fee if multiple weeks
• Multi week campers stay over each weekend free of charge, for an added bonus!
It’s hard to imagine that we have had all that fun with so many kids from all over the world! We have been dedicated to providing wonderful horse camps that are a blast for girls! When camps are over, it’s on to the dogsled & snowmobile program, so we never get bored! We hope you will have a look at this special video which highlights all of our special kids, the horses we have kept close to our hearts all these years, and the wilderness tour facility which we have developed from scratch. We’re proud, & hope you will join us for a blast!
CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR SOME GREAT CAMP VIDEOS!